Remote Pilot Licence Program (RePL) for PPL/CPL holders
This program is specially designed for manned fixed wing aircraft/helicopter pilots who hold an Australian PPL/CPL to seamlessly obtain their RePL.
As a holder of a CASA flight crew licence, you are only required to complete the practical component.
- Theory (Exempted for CASA flight crew licence holders)
- Practical- 5Hrs of flight training (Required)
- Field tests & Exams (Required)
We have designed this course for CASA flight crew licence holder to easily become a part of the RPA industry.
Why get the Remote pilot’s licence?
The Remote pilot’s licence, opens up a world of opportunities and sets you up to become a complaint operator.
With an RePL, you can:
- Set up your own RPA business & operate RPA’s over 2kgs commercially. (Which most professional RPAS are!)
- Request for approvals for non- standard operations from CASA.
- Fly at night,
- Be insured,
- Much more…
What do we teach?
In this course, we cover the following topics:
- LiPo Battery management
- RPA related risk management & Flight planning
- Electrical systems in a RPA.
- General DIY maintenance.
- Flight dynamics of an RPA.
- Field training: General Flight training- Multirotor
- Field training: Advanced manoeuvres training- Multirotor
- Risk management
What are the outcomes?
You will not only become a competent RPA operator, but you will receive the following:
- RePL Licence
- ReOC Consultation
- Ozrunways software training.
- Certificate of course completion. (Enables you RPL into Cert 3 in aviation)
What’s next after this course?
After this program, you may wish to do the following specialisations and obtain higher type ratings through CASA.
- AG Specialisation (Incl. Sub 25kgs type training)
- Mapping & Surveying Specialisation (Incl. Sub 7kgs type training on a fixed wing RPA)
- Photo & Film Specialisation (Incl. Sub 25kgs type training).
You can combine the above specialisations with the RePL course.
Why Ace Aviation & not others?
Ace aviation academy has been commissioned to cater to both domestic & international students who come to train with us from all over the world.
Quality & compliance is paramount to us and we go that extra mile to make it happen.
- All our trainers come from aviation background and are highly experienced! (From manned aircraft pilots to Aerospace engineers.)
- Our teaching is not just limited to covering CASA’s syllabus.
- We teach you how to Flight Planning (Risk management for VLOS operators)
- How to use state of the art EFB, Oz runways.
- How to stay complaint during day to day operations.
- Teach you how to make REAL radio calls to the control tower (our manned flight experience)
- Provide you with the “Free refreshers class option” where you can come and join our regular classes for free if you are in doubt.
- Student pricing on Drones which no one else offers.
Why are our prices lower that the others?
We deal with a large volume of students and all our training for AROC & AELP is done in house and nothing is outsourced.
Through this business model, we are able to pass the benefits to our students.